We support victims of trafficking.
Makasi counselors advise, support and assist survivors of trafficking in women, regardless of whether they are cooperating with the authorities or not. We organize financial assistance under the Victims of Crime Act, arrange safe housing and support these women in coping with everyday life. These services are confidential and free of charge.
Makasi advises, supports and assists women, serving their interests and rights.
We assist women who:
- were recruited abroad under false pretenses by traffickers and exploited in Switzerland;
- are forced into sex work and sexually exploited;
- are exploited in tenuous work situations, such as in private homes, the food services industry, the cleaning sector, agriculture or other sectors.
Makasi intervenes comprehensively and professionally for victims of women trafficking.
- counseling and information in accordance with the Victims of Crime Act (OHG);
- organizing financial assistance in accordance with OHG/social assistance;
- crisis intervention and psychosocial counseling and assistance for those suffering from trauma;
- safe housing;
- mediating and liaising with authorities, lawyers, doctors, therapists etc;
- assisting with criminal proceedings and attending proceedings as a trusted party in accordance with the Criminal Procedure Code;
- legal advice and intervention with respect to residency matters;
- support with a voluntary return to country of origin, if desired;
- assisting with social and professional integration when remaining in Switzerland.
FIZ is mandated in nine cantons to assist victims of trafficking in women: Aargau, Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt, Bern, Fribourg, Lucerne, Solothurn, Thurgau and Zurich. In these cantons, FIZ Makasi also represents victims of trafficking in women at round tables against human trafficking. Police, legal authorities, migration authorities, cantonal victim support bodies, social welfare offices, labor market authorities, gender equality offices, counseling services and victim protection organizations work together at these round tables to improve victim protection and hold perpetrators more accountable. FIZ chairs the round table against human trafficking in Zurich.
FIZ Advocacy and Support for Migrant Women and Victims of Trafficking
044 436 90 00